Special thanks to:
Of course a special thanks to Nicola Salmoria
and the whole team of
for having created and distributed this fantastic program.
Anyone is free to work together to expand or correct the informations contained in this site.
Thanks to everybody who has worked and made this project possible.
Material contained in this site
The site uses external files from different sources. Here is a list of the material grouped by type:
- artworks, backgrounds, bezels, bosses, cabinets, control panels, flyers, game over, how-to, snaps ingame, logos, manuals, marquees, pcbs, scores, selects, titles, versus and ends images from
- catlist.ini, genre.ini, version.ini, catver.ini up to release 0.181 from / © Copyright of Triggerfin , starting by release 0.182 from by AntoPisa, with Janez and JuLePe collaboration
- renameset.ini, languages.ini, messinfo.dat, monochrome.ini and gameinit.dat from
- history.dat from / © Copyright of Alexis Bousiges
- history.dat translated in italian language by
- mamescore.dat from
- mameinfo.dat and alltime.ini from
- mameinfo.dat in japanese language from / © Copyright of Fujix
- english cheats from / © Copyright www.mamecheat.co.uk
- japanese cheats from / © Copyright NekoJiman
- nplayers.ini from / © Copyright of Nomax
- icons from
- flyers images from
- command.dat by Fabricio Coroquer, revisited from the work of
- play games online provided by Internet Arcade of
- longplays videos from
- shortplays videos from , more detail in this . Thanks to AntoPisa and Adolfo69 cooperation.
- videos and informations on Bacheca Records from
- Mame videogame reviews by Alex of
- highscore and speedrun videos from , and
- MAMEUI from
- MESSUI from / © Copyright of
- bestgames.ini from of AntoPisa
- cabinets.ini and freeplay.ini from b4nd1t0
- colors.ini by headkaze / © Copyright
- controls.xml by SirPoonga, latest file online archived on
How to contribute
You can contribute to the project in different ways:
- you can report links and resources using the buttons in the detail page of a game, such as propose the correct short name or reporting errors on informations
- you can suggest new pages or features in order to improve the site
- you can send new video (shortplays and longplays) in order to complete all the missing files (see the on ArcadeItalia and the folder on for more details)
- you can donate something, even small amounts, using PayPal
In this case a part of the money collected will be donated to Arcade Italia which is hosting my site
Front-end, web site and third party applications
Here are some of the programs that use the information available on this site:
If you are a developer and you want to know more details about scraping features, look
and you wil find all technical informations.
Logo and banner
If you want to put a link to this site, you can use one of these images:
<img src="http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/css/images/arcade_database_banner1.png" width="110" height="55" alt="Arcade Database"></img>
<img src="http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/css/images/arcade_database_banner2.png" width="110" height="110" alt="Arcade Database"></img>
If you're wondering where did the name motoschifo
, take a look at this
This site has been created from scratch starting with a text editor, and then continue with integrated environment (used as advanced editor rather than as a development platform).
For the purpose I used a structure core
that is common to all my sites and that allows me to create complex page with little effort.
These are the tools and programs that I used to get the site:
- operating system desktop
- operating system server
- database , managed with
- server scripting
- pages markup
- web server
- development environment
- source version control
- html inline editor
- graphic editor
, , , by Ollie Phillips,
, , , . ,
style management , graphs , by malihu
- php library and plug-ins ,
PDF creation ,
user information detect ,
- minifier tools , and
- ftp client
© Copyright and legal
The logo design was created using the font Invaders from space
This site DO NOT allows you to download and it not contains illegal material such as the roms of the games. Any request for this type of file will be ignored.
Everything is done for hobby and totally no-profit.
Behind this site there is just a great passion for computers and the arcade world.
In order to post the external material contained on this site, you must request permission to the original author (see the list at top of page).
Everything else you may use, share or link freely, as long as you keep the license and reference to this web site. It's pleasing to receive a notification message, so I can also report your site on this page.
When in doubt, before proceeding, please send me an email so there will be no misunderstandings.
Unless otherwise indicated, the material on this site is meant under
All names and images are used here for informational purposes only ("Fair Use" usage, per 17 U.S.C. Section 107), Their use neither detracts value nor inhibits sales in any way.
All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective copyright and trademark holders.
MAME® is a registered trademark of Gregory Ember.